Saturday, 28 January 2017

Trying My New Sewing Machine Juki HZL-12Z

I brought this lovely little sewing machine as it's much smaller and lighter than the temperamental Singer I've had for the last 30 +  years (My Goodness can't believe it's that old)



It comes with good instructions.  I find it a lot easier to learning from visual instructions so the tutorials on Youtube were perfect for me.

The weight and size is just what I was hoping for.   I think in the US they call this size 3/4 machines. Even the electric foot peddle is smaller.

It's very easy to thread both the top and the bobbin and the automatic needle threader works like a dream.

I like the lever to back stitch too.

It stitches very well,  but does not sound as smooth as my old Singer.  I would of liked a stitch between the smallest No 1 and No 2.  Also the the needle does not center for straight stitch but is on the left of the foot,  which I'm not use too,  but it isn't a problem.

I'd not used a metal bobbin with a casing since school and found I had to kneel on the floor to get the bobbin in but I'm sure now I know how it works I'll be able to fit it with out looking so closely.

It comes with a dust cover but it is very flimsy.  I brought a large canvas carrying bag for it.  No one seems to sell a sewing machine bag for a 3/4 machine but they are available from the US.

It's small enough to go on a shelf on my work table so it will be easy to get out for even the smallest of jobs.

So far no negatives and I'm more then happy with it.

4 comments:

  1. Tu nueva máquina es muy linda. Encontraras diferencias con tu Singer, pero acabaras aprendiendo a bien trabajar con ella muy pronto, así que ¡a disfrutarla!. Un beso

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, gracias Maria Estoy seguro de que me acostumbraré a ella dado un poco de tiempo ♥

      Delete
  2. thank you for this your broadcast provided bright clear concept..



    ดูหนังฝรั่ง

    ReplyDelete